Hmm. I'm not sure where this is going to post to, I'm a bit confused about all of this. I think I clicked a button I wasn't meant to.
Anyway, I suppose I'll find out once I've posted it.
So, I'm posting another project online, this time, New Look Pattern 6203.
The material I found, in the Wollen Mills in Dublin, is just beautiful. A bright vibrant pink material with gold, blue and purple embroidery. I'm not sure what material it actually is, but it was difficult enough to sew with! Sometimes the hole from the needle distorted the fabric, I'm not sure if there was anything I could have done to prevent this?! It worked out ok-ish in the end though.
While I love the material, I'm not sure it hangs properly. Maybe this is just because I'm not used to wearing this style of tunic, or this fabric. I am pleased with how it turned out, but the neck is very high, which I'm not comfortable with, it could have done with being a bit looser, and the bust darts are totally in the wrong place!! I don't know how to change them, and I'm afraid to unpick them, as there were little holes left by the needle and would probably be very noticable if I unpicked them. So I left them. I chose the corresponding darts for the size I made, so I'm not sure why they are so completely off.
I enjoyed making it because it was a new material and a new style I'd never made before. But I wouldn't make it again. I would recommend it, somewhat hesitantly though. I'm not sure why, there was just something about it. I think the main thing is that I'm just not skilled enough to know how to change things, and alter it as I go along, so I frustrated myself a bit. Overall, it was nice to see it finished, I was pleased to get that far!
Not sure I'll wear it out though.